What you Need To Know

Opinions expressed in my articles are my own, and opinions in the articles and comments section written by others are strictly those of the author or commenter and not me.

Please be civil, it adds nothing to the conversation to engage in name-calling.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

On Sexism

A 'lot of people' are decrying the sexism exhibited by the MSM and some in the Obama campaign and a lot on the various threads of commenters against Clinton. It is said that until Obama either puts Clinton on the ticket as VP or at least apologizes for everything that has been said, the 'feminists' will not be satisfied and they are going to vote for McCain.

I'm sorry, but sexism is very much with us. I acknowledge that there are a lot of really sexist people out there. But voting for McSlime is not going to change anything - in fact it will make things much worse. Sure, Obama is not the perfect candidate - who is? But in a race between someone who is pro-choice, pro-real-family values, and pro-equal opportunity vs pro-life (the one issue he has NOT flip-flopped on), anti anything that supports families, children, women and even veterans, my vote is definitely for the former.

Obama is not my first choice. Or my second. But he's what we have - and I'm on board for the rest of the trip. Some Hillary supporters claim that she 'said what she had to say' in her speech on Saturday when she called for party unity and for everyone to support Obama and beat McSlime. I watched the speech. I believe she meant it.

Here's why: Hillary has, by all accounts, worked hard for children and families during her life. Why would she risk all that by sending out 'coded messages' for her supporters to vote for someone who is the antithesis of everything she stands for? Do you really believe Hillary wants Roe overturned? That she thinks the Ledbetter decision is okay? That she believes the Violence Against Women Act doesn't matter?

I don't believe that. But if McSlime is elected - we can expect that to happen. McSlime has promised to appoint more judges like Alito and Roberts - not just to SCOTUS but all levels of the federal judiciary. He will wield his veto pen on bills that support insurance for children, benefits for veterans, health care for everyone, good education (not just endless testing) for children, and on and on.

I keep seeing "McCain '08, Hillary '12' comments. Well, there is nothing to stop her from running in 2012 if Obama doesn't deliver. And I would far rather take a chance on Obama than go with the devil - John McCain. I would think you would too.

No comments: